Hi there! I’m Adrian and I’m a software engineer and was a closet, now outed, adventurer. Since leaving school I’ve spent my life living my hobbies: computer programming and riding motorcycles. Programming has been the frontrunner for the past 10 years I’ve spent far too many hours sat behind a computer screen and so it’s time to give it a break (but not for too long) in order to give adventure motorcycling a go.
My motorcycling started in 2003 on a 1988 Suzuki GSX-R750. I was fresh out of university, it was my first bike and I was conned into buying a heap of s**t. After spending far too much trying to get the GSX-R running smoothly I bought a 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600 form a friend. This was the bike i rode to the north of Norway and not quite back but a new front wheel, forks, a bit of TLC and it was good as new again.
After watching Long Way Road and Long Way Down, I was sold on the idea of adventure bikes. And in 2007, having not met Austin Vince, I was lured by the marketing hype and bought a second hand 2004 BMW R1200GS. I also met a local group of trail riders who convinced me to join their ranks and take my R1200GS out in the green lanes and beaches. This was the bike I rode down to Morocco to do some desert bashing.
After abusing the R1200GS (and it took many beatings but still carried on!), the local BMW dealer offered my a crazy trade-in price against a BMW R1200GS Adventure. I took their offer and haven’t regretted it for a moment. I’ve been around France, Italy, Switzerland, Spain and the UK on this bike and I’m very much looking forward to riding it around Canada and the USA.
On a whim I also bought a BMW G450X trial bike, although that’s currently having it’s engine rebuilt.
- 2005: Hamarøy, Nothern Norway on my Suzuki Bandit 600
- 2011: Morocco on my BMW R1200GS
- 2013: Stella Alpina, Italy on my BMW R1200GS Adventure
- May 2014: Austin Vince Adventure Motorcycling Roadshow, England
- May 2014: Touratech Travel Event, Wales
- September 2013: The V.I.N.C.E, Spain
- June 2013: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK, England
- August 2012: Dawn-2-Dusk, Wales
- June 2012: UK GS Trophy Qualifier, England
- May 2011: BMW Off-Road Skills (Day in the Dirt & Level 2), Wales
- July 2009: BMW Off-Road Skills (Level 1), Wales